Network Proposal For Increased Stability
Revision 8 Activation
Greetings ICONists and Happy Holidays!
The ICON Foundation will submit a Network Proposal (Revision Proposal) to activate the Revision 8 feature on January 7th. This Revision 8 is already included in Loopchain 2.4.20, ICON Service 1.5.20, ICON RPC Server 1.4.9 and Reward calculator 1.2.0 but is not yet activated. The purpose of the proposal is to stabilize the network.
Below is a summary of the update. Additionally, the release note for this update can be found here.
Summary of this update
- Edit logic to prevent confirmation of the previous block if it has a mismatch round with the current round of the node
- Fix the state inconsistency for claimIScore between iconservice and rc
- Fix score data corruption on score query call
- Impose low productivity penalty when a P-Rep gets penalized for block validation failure and low productivity at the same time
- Fix infinite loop on ipc_server termination
- Pass a new main prep list to loopchain when a p2pEndpoint of the main prep is modified
- Fix a crash on processing queryIScore request with malformed address
- Fix bug in checking error in new_block
- Add rollback function