Rescheduling Announcement: P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase
Calling All P-Reps For Decentralization Simulation!
The P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase has been rescheduled to September 10th, 2019 06:00 UTC (15:00 KST). It is highly recommended that every P-Rep candidates participate in this testing phase. Additionally, ICONists should be mindful of the candidates that participate in this round and factor this into their voting decision.
Candidates that participate in this phase are displaying their dedication to the ICON network and their desire to maintain high productivity.
Please find the information on the new schedule and test items below.
[P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase Schedule]
1. Please submit testnet wallet address by Google Survey
2. P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase Docker Release — September 10th 06:00 UTC
- Please stand by in the TestNet telegram channel on September 10th 06:00 UTC as technical support for P-Rep node deployment will be provided until the opening of the 3rd Phase.
>>> Check out the P-Rep Installation and Configuration Guide (ICON Developers Portal)
3. P-Rep Node Set-Up — September 10th 06:00 UTC
- Set up and run a node for the TestNet by September 10th 08:00 UTC.
- Latecomers can set up and run their nodes following the guide above.
4. Pre-Voting Phase — September 10th 06:00 UTC — 08:00 UTC
- All P-Rep candidates can start to register on-chain.
- Unlike TestNet Phases 1 and 2, there will be a single network in Phase 3.
- The votes will be distributed to all candidates systematically.
5. Decentralization Phase — September 10th 08:00 UTC
- P-Reps will receive a different amount of votes systematically on a daily bases so that every P-Rep can experience the Main P-Rep role.
- Thus, the list of the top 22 Main P-Reps will change systematically on a daily basis.
- The Main P-Reps will start to produce and validate blocks, and the other Sub P-Reps will standby on a waitlist.
- The Main P-Reps can submit the Governance Variable and Network Proposal.
6. Stress Test — September 17th 02:00 UTC
- All P-Reps should standby for this stress test.
- This stress test is essential for all P-Reps so that they can handle overloaded data in the network and get advice on how to resolve in Mainnet.
- For stress testing purposes, “Recommended Specifications” are strongly encouraged.