P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase Announcement
As previously announced, the P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase will commence shortly. The 3rd Phase will start on September 4th, 2019 02:00 UTC (11:00 KST).
The main goal of the P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase is to simulate the conversion process from the Pre-Voting phase to the on-chain election. Please find detailed information on the schedule and test items below.
[P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase Schedule]
1. P-Rep TestNet 3rd Phase Docker Release — September 4th 02:00 UTC
- Please stand by in the TestNet telegram channel on September 4th 02:00 UTC as technical support for P-Rep node deployment will be provided until the opening of the 3rd Phase.
>>> Check out the P-Rep Installation and Configuration Guide (ICON Developers Portal)
2. P-Rep Node Set-Up — September 4th 05:00 UTC
- Set up and run a node for the TestNet by September 4th 05:00 UTC.
- Latecomers can set up and run their nodes following the guide above.
3. Pre-Voting Phase — September 4th 05:00 UTC
- All P-Rep candidates can start to register on-chain.
- Unlike TestNet Phases 1 and 2, there will be a single network in Phase 3.
- The votes will be distributed to all candidates systematically.
4. Decentralization Phase — September 5th 05:00 UTC
- P-Reps will receive a different amount of votes systematically on a daily basis so that every P-Rep can experience the Main P-Rep role.
- Thus, the list of the top 22 Main P-Reps will change systematically.
- The Main P-Reps will start to produce and validate blocks, and the other Sub P-Reps will standby on a waitlist.
- The Main P-Reps can submit the Governance Variable and Network Proposal.
5. Stress Test — September 10th 02:00 UTC
- All P-Reps should standby for this stress test.
- This stress test is essential for all P-Reps so that they can handle overloaded data in the network and get advice on how to resolve in Mainnet.
- For stress test purposes, the “Recommended Specifications” are strongly encouraged.
Vote, Spread, Disrupt